Defining The Problem
The Internet of Things (IoT), Internet of Services (IoS) and Internet of Experiences (IoE) represent a world in which devices, equipment, machines, automobiles, and things communicate, perceive, reason and intuitively take actions. Industry 4.0 want to ensure this world operates based on a set of protocols establishing a standard way of doing things between these connected devices.
To establish this standard, the following are the questions we set out to answer:
First, we must capture occupational data from industry, sectors, trades, and communities constituting their expectations of the competencies they want to hire. It is noteworthy that the hyper influence of technology on work tools and society may render employers and community leaders helpless in articulating their expectations.
Secondly, we must capture data from academic curriculum subject matter, job requirements, relational skills and contextual governing rules, laws, weather, climate etc. specific to each work domain.
Thirdly, with these expectations (employee profiles) and requirements (competency) data we must be able to establish the total amount of work tools required to accomplish each task.
Fourth, we must be able to determine the number of times each work tool occurred in each task during job task performance.
Premises: These articulated steps are premised on the belief that:
- There are advantages that will accrue to individuals’ productivity and earning potentials if we determine the exact expectations of connected devices, employers and communities
- Quantifiable benefits will accrue to individuals, businesses, and communities if we determine requirements to accomplish different tasks
- Benefits will accrue to businesses and individuals and hence communities if we are able to determine human abilities
- Capturing connected devices, employers and communities expectations into an integrative competencies curricula real-time for learning will result in increased abilities
- Quantifiable benefits will accrue to the global society if we are able to close the abilities-to-potentials gaps
- Enormous benefits will accrue to all individuals and society from global standards that are updated as soon as a change in expectations and requirements occur
- Knowledge of optimal levels of productivity and experiences will result in better use of data from all connected devices for decision making